Welcome to Wheelersburg Baptist Church
Wheelersburg Baptist Church
For over one hundred years the Lord has enabled the Wheelersburg Baptist Church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to minister to people on a local, national and world-wide basis. We at W.B.C., with God’s help, seek to live lives that bring honor and glory to our Lord. We are a warm and friendly group who realize that every member is a minister to others for the furtherance of the Gospel. As a result we not only seek to provide for the spiritual welfare of our own members, but endeavor to help others both locally and globally.
Wheelersburg Baptist Church is committed to: * Calling people to repentance and acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior. * The teaching of salvation as a gift of God’s grace without man’s works. * The necessity of Christ’s sacrifice for the payment of sins. * Public baptism to proclaim one’s faith in Jesus Christ. * The teaching of the sufficiency of God’s Word. * Understanding our dependency upon the Holy Spirit in living holy lives.
Sunday School 9:30 a.m. Morning Worship 10:30 a.m. Evening Worship 6:00 p.m. Wednesday Evening Prayer/Bible Study 7:00 p.m. Youth Sunday Evenings 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Kid’s Club (during school year) 7:00 p.m.
We have restarted our Sunday School ministry! I wanted to remind you of the classes that will be offered on Sunday.
New Sunday School Classes:
We are excited about a new set of classes offered during the Sunday School hour in November and December. If you have not been participating in a Sunday School class, this is a great time to start. Here are the classes that will be offered starting November 1st:
- In His Image by Jen Wilken will be a lady’s class taught by Barb Miller that will meet in room 204 (Across from the gym). During this study, the ladies will be reading the book pictured below and discussing the truth discussed in its chapters. We are asking that ladies interested in the class to purchase the book on their own; however, if you have trouble please let us know.
2) What is a Baptist? is a class that will be taught by Jack Branon in the gym. During this class you will learn about the Baptist distinctives and how they are the same or different than other denomination.
3) New Members Class will be meeting for a few more weeks in the community center. Once it is completed Pastor Matt will be teaching a class to finish up the 2020. The topic for this class is yet to be determined.
We will continue to offer children’s Sunday School classes from nursery through high school. If you have any questions about Sunday School, please see Pastor Matt, Pastor Brad, or Ed Ruggles.
Children’s Sunday School:
Nursery: Newborn – 2 years old (Education Wing)
Preschool class: 3 year olds – Kindergarten (Education Wing)
School Age class: 1st grade – 5th grade (Education Wing)
Jr High and High School class: 6th grade – 12th grade (TBD)
We are looking forward to seeing you at 9:30 on Sunday morning for Sunday School. As a reminder, we are continuing to follow COVID-19 regulations. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Pastor Brad and Pastor Matt
-We are asking those in any “at risk” category to remain at home and join us via Livestream. Attending live services during a pandemic is not a test of one’s faith. Please go to Wheelersburg Baptist Church Facebook Page for the service LIVE or visit our website to follow the link to view these sermons. Or CLICK HERE
-Since our auditorium is large enough to accommodate approximately 100 people while following social distancing guidelines (with six feet between non-family members), at present we are planning to have just one Sunday AM worship service at 10:30. We are asking families to sit together.
-We will also offer a Livestream worship service in the gym (and if a third site is needed, in the WBC Community Center). The service in the gym will be a non-singing service. It will also provide a more relaxed option, if needed, for those with young children.
-When you arrive, you will be welcomed back with big smiles and heartfelt, “It’s so good to see you!” However, we are asking that everyone practice social distancing guidelines (six feet of separation, no handshaking, hugging, etc). This will also apply to our normal pre and post service greeting times, as well as in the parking lot. We are asking parents to help their children follow these social distancing guidelines.
-Offering plates will not be passed during the service. There will be a drop box in the foyer for tithes and offerings.
– Drinking fountains will not be operational during this time.
-At present, we will not distribute bulletins and sermon outlines. However, these will be available online so they can be printed in advance, if so desired.
-Hymnals, visitor cards, and other printed material have been removed from the auditorium.
– We are still being asked by Governor Dewine to wear a mask when we are in public. Though churches have been exempt from some of these guidelines, we continue to seek to follow, as best we can, the state and local leadership. We are asking that everyone over the age of 10 who attends church on Sunday to wear a mask (unless medically prohibited).
-Upon entering the building, we request that everyone wash or sanitize their hands. Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the facility.
Because of Christ,
Miss a service or can’t make it to church? No problem. Thanks to WBC Live Stream you can now view services LIVE in real time or watch them later. To access the live stream and past services use a browser and log onto:
Have a Smart Phone? Download the Sermon.net App from the App Store or the Play Store and search for Wheelersburg Baptist Church in the Ministry Search. Be sure to Subscribe to our ministry so you never miss a service.
Have a ROKU for your TV? Add the Sermon.net channel to your device and you can view our services live right on your own TV!
(**You may need to download Quicktime in order to listen to some of the sermons.. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/.)